Central Floors offers one of the most unique collections of Engineered & Solid wood flooring in Burton on Trent. Our showroom on Hawkins Lane offers 100 different types of solid woods and engineered woods for you to choose from.
Solidwood floors are a beautiful product of nature, because of this no two floors will ever be the same meaning your brand new Solid wood or Engineered wood floor will be as individual as you are.
A Solid Wood floor is a thing of beauty and can come in many varieties, with different styles, finishes, patterns and materials such as oak, walnut, birch, maple and many exotic woods, meaning there should be something for every taste. Such floors can also come in an engineered wood floor, which offer different attributes and will suit different situations. Oak Flooring is one of the more popular types of wood in this range. Either floors offer different finishes, so if its Solid wood flooring or Engineered wood flooring your after then the choices will be brushed & oiled, Lacquered, Brushed & Matt Lacquered, For more help and advice on finishings please pop in to store or give us a call.
Using the correct glue and taking account of potential moisture are the key issues when installing this wood, in order to ensure it remains in good shape. It may require the use of a self adhesive underlay but again this is depending on the subfloor. Brands supplied; Tuscan, Furlongs, Atkinson Kirby, Woodpecker, Parador and much more.
Buyers can choose between two ways of installing the wood, these being to either glue or secret nail it to the subfloor. Secret nailing is something used when your sub-floor is wooden ie floorboards, chip board or even ply and is the only option. If your sub-floor is concrete then this is where you would use glue and if needed a chemical DPM to insure that no moisture will affect the solid wood.
Why choose Solid wood?
* Solid wood is a single piece of solid wood, where as engineered wood is made of multiple layers.
* Solid wood floors will age and mark with your property, giving your floor character and charm.
* Solid wood floors can in some cases be sanded more than engineered floors in order to extend the life span of the floor.
* Solid wood flooring can add value to your home as it is a desirable product that many people would aspire to have.
Why choose Engineered wood?
* Engineered floors are made up of several layers of ply with a wood veneer top.
* Engineered floors can be floated on underlay, nailed to a wooden sub floor, or stuck down to a solid surface using adhesives.
* Engineered floors are more stable than solid woods as they have a ply backing that gives the floor its stability.
* Engineered floors can often be installed over larger areas because of there stability making them an ideal choice for any large scale project.
To view our full range of solid wood and engineered real woods please click on the links to the left.